SpongeBob in Bubbletown prison
|First airing:|| October 28, 2018 |
|Sister episode(s):||"Girls' Night Out"|
|Supervising director:||Dave Cunningham|
|Animation director:||Alan Smart|
|Supervising producer:||Marc Ceccarelli|
|Executive producer:||Stephen Hillenburg|
- “City made of bubbles! I'm so excited!”
- —SpongeBob SquarePants
"Bubbletown" is the first segment of the twenty fourth episode of season 11, and it is paired with "Girls' Night Out." In the episode, SpongeBob visits Bubbletown to meet his old friend, Bubble Buddy.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bubble Buddy
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Dirty Bubble (cameo)
- Bubble groom
- Bubble hot dog vendor
- Bubble mayor
- Adorable bubble child
- Bubble Fred
- Bubble police officer
- Bubble prisoners
A narrator introduces Bubbletown, a city in which the citizens and objects are made entirely of bubbles. The narrator shows off the bubble cars and buses, offices, and then the park. After listening to music and eating a bubble hot dog, SpongeBob meets with Bubble Buddy. Bubble Buddy shows that his bubble scooter has a flat tire, which SpongeBob fixes by blowing a bubble at. More citizens of Bubbletown request that SpongeBob fix their belongings, to which he gladly accepts.
After helping the people of Bubbletown, SpongeBob talks to Bubble Buddy and dances excitedly, accidentally stepping in a bubble woman's pet dogs. He pops them and slips on the bubble soap, uncontrollably sliding around and popping the people and buildings of Bubbletown. SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy end up outside Bubbletown, where a bubble policeman arrests SpongeBob for his damages. At the prison, SpongeBob phones Mr. Krabs, saying that he cannot come to work.
Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, the customers are impatient due to SpongeBob not being there to feed them. Mr. Krabs receives SpongeBob's message and goes to Bubbletown to rescue him. He is able to easily pop the walls of the prison with his sharp claws, and talks to SpongeBob, who still feels guilty and is reluctant to leave. Confronted by another policeman, Mr. Krabs pops the rest of the prison and eventually the entirety of Bubbletown. As SpongeBob is sad over the city being popped, Bubble Buddy arrives with a large container of bubble soap.
In the new Bubbletown, a bubble version of the Krusty Krab is created, which SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Bubble Buddy visit. When Mr. Krabs realizes that he is being paid in bubbles and not real money, he pops the restaurant and leaves with SpongeBob.
- Mr. Krabs saying, "Forget it, SpongeBob. It's Bubbletown!" is a reference to the 1974 film Chinatown.
Cast of "Bubbletown"
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob, Old Man Walker, Bubble Person, French Narrator, Bubble Prisoner, Bubble Cops
- Bill Fagerbakke as Bubble Cops, Bubble Guy, Bubble Gramps
- Rodger Bumpass as Squidward, Narrator, Bubble Cops, Bubble Person, Bubble Principal
- Clancy Brown as Mr. Krabs, Bubble Cops, Bubble Person, Bubble Prisoners
- Carolyn Lawrence as Bubble Cops Bubble Wife, Bubble Boy, Bubble Bride
- Jill Talley as Adorable Bubble Child, Bubble Cops Fancy Bubble Woman
- Brad Abrell as Bubble Buddy
- Patrick Warburton as Bubble Cop