The SpongeBob Wiki has a guideline regarding the use of image galleries — collections of episode screenshots are no longer allowed on galleries due to potential fair use violations.
Fools in April
|"Fools in April"|
The aftermath of Squidward's prank on SpongeBob.
|First airing:||April 1, 2000|
|Sister episode(s):||"Neptune's Spatula"|
|Storyboard:||Aaron Springer (writer)|
Erik Wiese (artist)
- “April Fools!”
"Fools in April" is a Season 1 episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. It is paired with "Neptune's Spatula", and they make up the 19th episode in production order. It is an April Fools special, and it premiered in the United States on the same day, April 1, 2000.
In the episode, SpongeBob constantly annoys Squidward with his pranks to him and others at the Krusty Krab. Out of spite, Squidward decides to pull a mean prank on SpongeBob that both injured and left him upset. This resulted in others not liking Squidward, who then felt he had to apologize to SpongeBob to clear his conscience.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Krusty Krab customers
SpongeBob pulled a total of eight pranks:
- He tricked Gary into thinking they were going to become peasants.
- He fooled himself into thinking that he would drink many glasses of lemonade.
- He fooled Squidward into believing that he was artist of the month at the Barnacle Bay Museum.
- He tricked a person by showing them where the forks are, but pointed to the spoons.
- He tricked a guy in line into thinking he was two different people.
- When Tom asked for a couple of ice cubes, SpongeBob gave him only one.
- He tricked Squidward into thinking he would not tell anyone of his apology.
- He tricked his tongue into thinking its shoes were untied.
- In reality Gary would have died from eating the salted shells as salt is toxic to sea snails.
- This is the first episode to not premiere after a Rugrats episode on Nickelodeon.
- ↑ April 1, 2000 | Nickstory Wiki | Fandom