The SpongeBob Wiki has a guideline regarding the use of image galleries — collections of episode screenshots are no longer allowed on galleries due to potential fair use violations.
SpongeBob and Patrick bring a "desert sand witch" to Squidward
|First airing:|| November 9, 2017 |
|Sister episode(s):||Squid Noir|
|Supervising director:||Sherm Cohen|
|Animation director:||Bob Jaques|
|Supervising producer:||Marc Ceccarelli|
|Executive producer:||Stephen Hillenburg|
- “How would you two like to go on a... scavenger hunt?”
"Scavenger Pants" is the second segment of the ninth episode of season 11, and it is paired with "Squid Noir." In this episode, annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick's antics, Squidward sends them on a scavenger hunt to get them away.
Squidward is dancing to classical music in his house when SpongeBob and Patrick interrupt and begin messing around. When SpongeBob goes to "scavenge up" food in Squidward's refrigerator, Squidward gets the idea to send them on a scavenger hunt. Once he explains the rules, he sends them to find the "desert sandwich" in the Bikini Badlands. SpongeBob and Patrick return with a desert sand witch, who makes Squidward a dangerous, living sandwich.
Next, Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to find the Boxing Begonia in the Mariana Trench. They successfully bring the flower back, and it punches Squidward. To distract them further, Squidward sends the two to find the Loch Ness Monster. SpongeBob summons it by playing the bagpipes and brings it back to Squidward's house, where it eats Squidward.
Finally, Squidward gives SpongeBob and Patrick an impossible task: to find his non-existent brother. They spend six months looking for him, and eventually come upon Squidward's mother's house. She confirms that Squidward never had a brother. To complete their task, SpongeBob and Patrick get themselves adopted by Squidward's mother. Squidward is shocked, and they have a family photo taken afterwards.
- Kalua Jubalee - Title Card
Spongebob: Sandwich? Sandwich?
- When Squidward dances in SpongeBob and Patrick's houses while they are gone, he plays an instrumental version of "I Hate People" from "SpongeBob's Place" on his clarinet.
- One sound of SpongeBob making gibberish noises from this episode is re-used in "Mind the Gap."
- The classical music that Squidward dances to at the start of the episode is "Dance of the Reed Flutes" from The Nutcracker Suite, by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
- The Bikini Badlands are "20,000 leagues" away from Squidward's house. This references the title of the Jules Verne novel Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
- SpongeBob and Patrick search for the Boxing Begonia in the Mariana Trench. The Mariana Trench is the deepest undersea trench on Earth.
- Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick to find the Loch Ness Monster, a cryptid said to swim in the lakes of the Loch Ness in Scotland.