SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
|SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated|
Packaging artwork used on all platforms
|Developer(s):||Purple Lamp Studios|
|Release date(s):|| June 23, 2020 |
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated is a 3D platformer game in the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise. It was developed by Purple Lamp Studios and published by THQ Nordic. The game released on June 23, 2020, for PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. It is a remake of the console version of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, featuring updated graphics and a multiplayer mode.
14 different robots appear as enemies throughout the game.
- Fodder: The weakest and most common robot.
- Ham-mer: Robots that slam the ground using metal hams.
- Tar-Tar: Robots that stay in one place and fire tartar sauce.
- G-Love: A robot that can only be destroyed through attacking its top or using Sandy's lasso.
- Monsoon: Flying robots that attack with thunderstorms.
- Sleepy-Time: Large robots that are asleep. If they are woken up while a character is in range, they begin attacking.
- Chuck: Floating robots that fire missiles.
- Tubelet: Fire-breathing robots found in groups of three.
- Slick: Tall robots that attack by firing oil. They are usually surrounded by regenerating shields.
- Bomb-Bot: Small bombs that follow the playable character and explode.
- Bzzt-Bot: Small robots that fire lasers, which get increasingly more dangerous.
- Chomp-Bot: Dog-like robots that run towards SpongeBob, Patrick, or Sandy.
- Arf: Large, cowboy-like robots.
- Arf Dawg: Small minions of Arf.
- King Jellyfish: The boss of Jellyfish Fields.
- Robo-Sandy: The boss of the Poseidome.
- Prawn: The boss of the Mermalair.
- Robo-Patrick: The boss of the Industrial Park.
- Flying Dutchman: The boss of the Flying Dutchman's Graveyard.
- SpongeBot SteelPants and Robo-Plankton: The bosses of the Chum Bucket Lab.
- Golden Spatulas: The game's main collectable. Golden Spatulas are used to unlock new areas, and there are 100 of them in total.
- Shiny Objects: Flower-like currency that can be found in the open or obtained from destroying robots or tikis. Shiny Objects are used to pay clams to trigger events, gain access to the Theater, and can be exchanged to Mr. Krabs for Golden Spatulas.
- Patrick's socks: Unique collectable items that can be exchanged to Patrick for Golden Spatulas. Socks are located in every non-boss level in the game.
- SpongeBob's underwear: Health pickups that restore damage.
- Golden underwear: Rare items found in Bikini Bottom. When obtained, they increase all characters' maximum health. Three pairs of golden underwear can be collected for a total of six health.
- Teleport Box: A brown box that appears in pairs in a level. If both boxes have been found, characters can jump into one to teleport out of the other.
- Checkpoint: A flag that reads "CHECKPOINT." Once a checkpoint has been activated, characters respawn there until they either leave the level or trigger another.
- Throw Fruit: Watermelons that Patrick can throw to trigger buttons, defeat robots, or get to higher areas.
- Freezy Fruit: Ice cubes that can be thrown to freeze goo, allowing Patrick to safely walk on it.
- Wooden Tiki: The most basic form of tiki. They can be destroyed with any attack and give two Shiny Objects.
- Floating Tiki: Blue tikis that are suspended in the air by bubbles. They can be used as platforms or Bubble-Bashed through by SpongeBob. Destroying a Floating Tiki earns five Shiny Objects.
- Shhh Tiki: Blue tikis that hide when a character approaches. SpongeBob must sneak up on them to prevent them from hiding. They are also vulnerable to long-range attacks like the Bubble-Bowl, and give eleven Shiny Objects.
- Thunder Tiki: Red tikis with lightning bolt symbols. When a character approaches them, they flash red and explode after a few seconds. They give fifteen Shiny Objects.
- Stone Tiki: Gray, almost indestructible tikis. They can mainly be destroyed by a Thunder Tiki's explosion, and doing so grants twenty-five Shiny Objects.